The Ties That Bind~

Family is an important part of everyone's life. When you have positive ties that bind you, that makes life even better. Today I had a session with my sis in law,  Jamie, her hubby (and my bro in law of course), Steven, along with my niece and nephew, Lucas and Lexy.

Jamie has not had family photos taken in a while, and the last time was at a studio. The whole "candid" term is relatively new to her. So, thank you Jamie for taking a chance and trying something new.

My whole purpose is to capture real moments and the subjects personality. This family has so much personality, I really wanted to showcase that. When Jamie looks back on these photos when her children are teenagers about to head off to college, I want her to say "Oh I remember this, Lucas was always the comedian", or "Lexy had the funniest facial expressions when she was 6".

We had a great time out at the session, everyone looked adorable. I am so glad to be a part of capturing a moment in time with Lex & Lucas. Of course we did the normal stuff too, but we got some great personality shots. Lucas is a riot! The kid should do stand up comedy. And Lexy will be someone's boss someday. I totally see her as an entrepreneur when she grows up. I

This is why I love photography. Its not about money, or boredom. Its about giving a family the gift of memories and art for their walls. Something they truly appreciate and love, not just photos that say "cheese".

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams










No comments:

Post a Comment